- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Dorothy D. Watson McBride, 83, of Cape Girardeau died Thursday, March 10, 2005, at her home.
She was born April 9, 1921, at Morley, Mo., daughter of William Homer and Flora Maud Williams Watson. She and Harold Jennings McBride were married Aug. 2, 1936, in Murphysboro, Ill. He died May 2, 1986.
Mrs. McBride was a member of Cape Bible Chapel, VFW Auxiliary and Elks Auxiliary.
Survivors include a daughter, Glenda Jean Franck of Wentzville, Mo.; a son, Donald R. McBride of Cape Girardeau; a sister, Jeanne Crites of Jackson; two brothers, Gerald Watson of Ash Grove, Mo., Gary Watson of Cape Girardeau; a sister-in-law, Mrs. Norman Watson of Cape Girardeau; five grandchildren, Ben and Rick Franck, Julie Kamp, Deidre Koehler, and Keiki Patterson; and 13 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son, Garold McBride; a daughter, Darlene Young; a brother, and three sisters.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home, with Dan Greene officiating. Burial will be in Lorimier Cemetery.
Pallbearers will be Ben and Rick Franck, Brett Koehler, Kevin Patterson, Jeff Crites, Rob Hileman, Wayne Watson and David Crites.
In honoring Dorothy McBride's request, memorials may be made to Cape Bible Chapel.