- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Police seeking suspect in Tuesday stabbing
Cape Girardeau police are searching for a man suspected of allegedly stabbing his relative Tuesday afternoon.
Police department spokesman Cpl. Adam Glueck said investigators are seeking Calvin Ayers, 49, who is 5-foot, 10-inches tall and weighs about 170 pounds. The department has applied for an arrest warrant for Ayers, Glueck said.
Around 5:30 p.m., police responded to a Cape Girardeau residence for a report of a stabbing. Glueck said the suspect stabbed the victim and fled the scene before police arrived. The victim sustained a puncture wound on the left side of his lower back and was taken by ambulance to the hospital. Injuries were unknown, Glueck said.
Ayers drove away in a white Chevrolet Caprice, Glueck said.