- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Velma Jane Sisk-Reynolds, 76, of Chaffee died Tuesday, Oct. 27, 2009, at Chaffee Nursing Center.
She was born Oct. 23, 1933, in Tomato, Ark., daughter of James R. and Ethel Mae Cannon Reynolds. She and Webster Arthur Crader were married in 1943. He died Nov. 29, 1984.
Velma retired as owner/operator of the Doniphan Recreation Center in Doniphan, Mo. She was a member of First Pentecostal Church in Sikeston, Mo.
Survivors include four sons, Clifton Lynn Stokes of Texas, John Nolan Stokes of Cape Girardeau, Robert Boyd Crader of Jefferson City, Mo., Webster Eugene Crader of Huntsville, Texas; three daughters, Carol Lavern Hardin of Poplar Bluff, Mo., Wilma Jane Housman of Anniston, Mo., and Paula Donnette Barnes of Clear Lake, Minn.
Also a brother, James Reynolds of Arkansas; five sisters, Rachel Waters of Bertrand, Mo., Lucy Fae Vanpool of Cape Girardeau, Melba Love of Sikeston, Donna Schaffer of Chaffee, Carol Burton of Sikeston; 33 grandchildren; and 31 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband, six brothers, two sisters, a son, a daughter and five grandchildren.
Visitation will be from 3:30 p.m. to service time Friday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee.
The funeral will be at 7 p.m. Friday at the chapel, with the Rev. Glenis Duckworth officiating. A graveside service will be held at 2:30 p.m. Monday at Forest Hills Memorial Gardens in Morley, Mo.