- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Orchestra gala nets more than $800K
ST. LOUIS -- The Saint Louis Symphony Orchestra's first gala event in a decade has raised more than $800,000 for the nation's second-oldest orchestra.
Executive director Fred Bronstein said "A Noteworthy Affair" on Saturday evening was successful both artistically and as a fundraiser.
Superstar cellist Yo-Yo Ma performed and music director David Robertson conducted, to a standing-room-only audience at Powell Hall.
Afterward, more than 500 of the concert's guests dined and danced at a nearby ballroom.