- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Mackenzie Elizabeth Price and Fred Lincoln Scherer III were united in marriage Sept. 4, 2004, at St. Augustine Catholic Church in Kelso, Mo. The Revs. David Dohogne and Keith Price, uncle of the bride, performed the ceremony. Readers were Carolyn Price and Nancy Mueller.
Vocalists were Mike Dumey and Robyn Hosp. Music was by Trio Girardeaux, organist Christy Shinn, harpist Chaddie Freuhwald, and trumpeter Kenney DeCoursey.
The bride is the daughter of John and Linda Price of Cape Girardeau. The groom is the son of Fred and Christy Scherer of Bell City, Mo.
Maid of honor was Lori Bittle of Cape Girardeau. Bridesmaids were Trisha Bennett, Jenny Goncher, Stefanie Watson, Lindsay Dement and Lindsay Landgraf, all of Cape Girardeau, Molly Woeltje of Jackson, and Mary Keeling of Springfield, Mo.
Gabriel Scherer of Bell City, brother of the groom, was best man. Groomsmen and ushers were Jacob Jenkins of Springfield, Justin Stephens of St. Louis, Matt Finney of Cape Girardeau, Ryan Blaha of Belleville, Ill., Zach McIntyre of Bell City, Nate Wills of Waterloo, Ill., John Fister of St. Louis, Winston Thompson, Wesley Leek, Adam and Peter Friese, of Sedalia, Mo.
Junior bride and groom were Lauren Dumey and Luke Mueller. Lauren is the daughter of Mike and Betsy Dumey of Cape Girardeau. Luke is the son of Matt and Tammy Mueller of Jackson.
Candlelighters were Natasha McCalister and Sam Scherer. Natasha is the daughter of Glen and Pam McCalister of High Ridge, Mo. Sam is the son of Scott and Laura Scherer of Celina, Texas.
Flower girls Caitlyn Dumey and Laurel Mueller were escorted by Lane Mueller. Caitlyn is the daughter of Mike and Betsy Dumey. Laurel and Lane are children of Matt and Tammy Mueller. Ringbearer was Austin Mueller, son of Nathan and Traci Mueller of Jackson.
Greeters were Cate Green of Florissant, Mo., Miya Scherer of Celina, Tracey Hilleman of Springfield, and Casey Brennan of Cape Girardeau.
The reception and dinner was held at the A.C. Brase Arena
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner Sept. 3 at Francine's Gardens.
Mrs. Scherer is a 2001 graduate of Central High School, attended Southwest Missouri State University, and expects to graduate in May from Southeast Missouri State University.
The groom is a 1998 graduate of Bell City High School, received a bachelor of science degree in agribusiness from Southeast, and expects to receive a master's degree from Southwest in May.
After a wedding trip to Playa del Carmen, Mexico, the couple is residing in Cape Girardeau.