- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)27
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)8
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)17
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
Generosity deserves recognition
To the editor:
I would like to acknowledge a local group of students who have demonstrated their willingness to lend support to improving their community in a fun and creative way.
A special note of recognition goes out to the Central High School Student Senate for its generosity in selecting the Safe House for Women to be the recipient of the proceeds from its Mr. CHS competition.
Since 1991, the Safe House for Women has provided emergency shelter to women and children who have found themselves in a situation of domestic violence. Generous donations like that from the student senate provide the grass-roots level of support that allows us to continue our efforts to break the cycle of domestic violence. Thank you, student senate.
LINDA GARNER, executive director, Safe House for Women, Cape Girardeau