- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Golden Corral nearing opening; soft open scheduled for Monday or Tuesday (2/12/17)8
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)21
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
Generosity deserves recognition
To the editor:
I would like to acknowledge a local group of students who have demonstrated their willingness to lend support to improving their community in a fun and creative way.
A special note of recognition goes out to the Central High School Student Senate for its generosity in selecting the Safe House for Women to be the recipient of the proceeds from its Mr. CHS competition.
Since 1991, the Safe House for Women has provided emergency shelter to women and children who have found themselves in a situation of domestic violence. Generous donations like that from the student senate provide the grass-roots level of support that allows us to continue our efforts to break the cycle of domestic violence. Thank you, student senate.
LINDA GARNER, executive director, Safe House for Women, Cape Girardeau