- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Police: Nurse assistant stole ring from patient's finger (10/27/16)10
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)21
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)10
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Cape teacher resigns after accusation of assaulting student at football game (10/26/16)11
Generosity deserves recognition
To the editor:
I would like to acknowledge a local group of students who have demonstrated their willingness to lend support to improving their community in a fun and creative way.
A special note of recognition goes out to the Central High School Student Senate for its generosity in selecting the Safe House for Women to be the recipient of the proceeds from its Mr. CHS competition.
Since 1991, the Safe House for Women has provided emergency shelter to women and children who have found themselves in a situation of domestic violence. Generous donations like that from the student senate provide the grass-roots level of support that allows us to continue our efforts to break the cycle of domestic violence. Thank you, student senate.
LINDA GARNER, executive director, Safe House for Women, Cape Girardeau