- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)3
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)3
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)23
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
- Cape woman hopes son's death in Chattanooga will lead to better policing (11/30/16)11
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
Generosity deserves recognition
To the editor:
I would like to acknowledge a local group of students who have demonstrated their willingness to lend support to improving their community in a fun and creative way.
A special note of recognition goes out to the Central High School Student Senate for its generosity in selecting the Safe House for Women to be the recipient of the proceeds from its Mr. CHS competition.
Since 1991, the Safe House for Women has provided emergency shelter to women and children who have found themselves in a situation of domestic violence. Generous donations like that from the student senate provide the grass-roots level of support that allows us to continue our efforts to break the cycle of domestic violence. Thank you, student senate.
LINDA GARNER, executive director, Safe House for Women, Cape Girardeau