- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)9
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)34
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)14
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
PBS has fine family programming
To the editor:
I was very disturbed after reading George Will's column in the Sunday Missourian. He was blasting PBS as being purposeless and occasionally troublesome. I may ask, troublesome to whom?
For my part -- and apparently to other people, I might add -- I think PBS has some of the best family programming available on television.
If there is one thing that I would like to see eliminated, it would be the George Will column from the newspaper.
DON HAHS, Jackson