- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Steven Ray "Sarge" Moore, 65, of Oldsmar, Fla., formerly of Cape Girardeau, passed away Monday, Oct. 5, 2009.
He was born April 7, 1944, in Cape Girardeau, to Charles and Philo Ludwig Moore.
Moore was a 1962 graduate of Central High School. He worked at the former Wyatt's Grocery and the former Hirsh's Grocery, both in Cape Girardeau.
He attended Southeast Missouri State University two years. He was inducted into the U.S. Air Force in 1962 at Elgin Air Force Base in Indiana. He was employed in security. In 1982, after 20 years of service, he was honorably discharged a master sergeant at Offutt Air Force Base in Nebraska.
He will be deeply missed by his loving family: wife, Patricia; daughter, Wendy (James) Melton; son, Jeffrey "JJ" (Talena) Moore; three grandchildren, Logan and Zachary Melton, and Sarah Moore, all of Florida; three brothers, Charles "Dave" Moore of Jackson, John Scott Reynolds and Michael Reynolds of Cape Girardeau; and a sister, Karen Reynolds-Keifer of Jackson.
He was preceded in death by an infant son, Christopher Moore, in 1974; his father, Charles Moore; and his mother, Philo Ludwig Moore-Thompson.
Service was held at Holloway Funeral Home in Oldsmar. Inurnment was in Florida National Cemetery in Bushnell, north of Tampa.
Local announcement by McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson.