- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Community cuisine 3/10/05
Archery contest, wild game dinner on tap
An archery contest with demonstrations by Rodney Huffman will be held at 10 a.m. Saturday at Fruitland Community Church, 6040 U.S. 61, Jackson. The contest will be followed at noon by a fish fry and wild game dinner. Dave McGill from ProVision Productions will be the guest speaker. The event is free. For more information, call (573) 204-0724.
Chicken, pork on menu at Frohna school gym
Fried chicken and barbecued pork steaks are on the menu at 3 p.m. Sunday at the Frohna school gym. The event is being sponsored by the Concordia Lutheran Men's Club. Children under 6 may eat free.
Franklin school to hold spaghetti supper
Franklin Elementary School will hold a Fazoli's spaghetti, breadsticks, drink and dessert supper from 5 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at the school, 215 N. Louisiana Ave. Entertainment will be provided by The Traveling Acoustic Open Mic.
St. Paul Lutheran serving grilled pork sausage
An all-you-can-eat grilled, whole-hog pork sausage dinner will be held from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. March 20 at St. Paul Lutheran's new multipurpose building at 223 W. Adams St. in Jackson. Children under 6 may eat free. The event is co-sponsored by Thrivent Financial for Lutherans and St. Paul Lutheran Men's Club.
Greater Dimensions will deliver fried fish
A fish fry will be held from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and 5 to 7 p.m. March 25 at Greater Dimension Ministries, 723 Hackberry St. The menu includes catfish, spaghetti, coleslaw, dessert and drink. Dine-in, carryout or delivery options are available. To place an order, call 334-0616. Delivery orders should be called in by 10 a.m.; deliveries will be made at 11 a.m., noon and 1 p.m. only.