- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)30
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)8
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
Speak Out 10/21/09
GOOD grief, with all that's going on can't you find something else to whine about besides cigarette butts and people smoking? If you don't like the smoking, stay away from them.
THE headlines said jobless claims are at the lowest since January. That doesn't tell a true story. Think of how many people have gone as far as they can on their unemployment. Of course it's low.
Price of admission
I am disappointed with the Arts Council of Southeast Missouri after reading about the admission prices for the Christmas Arts and Crafts Fair. A weekend pass is $5. A Sunday-only pass is $3. Where is the Saturday-only price? By Sunday, many vendors have sold out of their wares. I do not want to go Saturday and Sunday. I only want to go on Saturday. I will have to pay $2 more than the Sunday only price.
More about POWs
THE article in Sunday's edition about the old POW camp in Weingarten, Mo., was interesting. If anyone would like to know more about POW camps in Missouri during World War II, there is a great book titled "The Enemy Among Us" by David Fiddler.