- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)9
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)34
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)13
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
Speak Out 10/21/09
GOOD grief, with all that's going on can't you find something else to whine about besides cigarette butts and people smoking? If you don't like the smoking, stay away from them.
THE headlines said jobless claims are at the lowest since January. That doesn't tell a true story. Think of how many people have gone as far as they can on their unemployment. Of course it's low.
Price of admission
I am disappointed with the Arts Council of Southeast Missouri after reading about the admission prices for the Christmas Arts and Crafts Fair. A weekend pass is $5. A Sunday-only pass is $3. Where is the Saturday-only price? By Sunday, many vendors have sold out of their wares. I do not want to go Saturday and Sunday. I only want to go on Saturday. I will have to pay $2 more than the Sunday only price.
More about POWs
THE article in Sunday's edition about the old POW camp in Weingarten, Mo., was interesting. If anyone would like to know more about POW camps in Missouri during World War II, there is a great book titled "The Enemy Among Us" by David Fiddler.