- New custody law for equal time for dads begins today; some question law's relevance (8/28/16)5
- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- 'Santa' suspect Moffat sentenced to 12 years for sexual abuse of girl (8/23/16)2
- Schnucks bans solicitors, including organizations like Salvation Army (8/24/16)38
- Jackson girl stays planted on the farm (8/28/16)2
- Court ruling, state suggest businesses may apply use, sales tax to deliveries (8/24/16)2
Speak Out 10/21/09
GOOD grief, with all that's going on can't you find something else to whine about besides cigarette butts and people smoking? If you don't like the smoking, stay away from them.
THE headlines said jobless claims are at the lowest since January. That doesn't tell a true story. Think of how many people have gone as far as they can on their unemployment. Of course it's low.
Price of admission
I am disappointed with the Arts Council of Southeast Missouri after reading about the admission prices for the Christmas Arts and Crafts Fair. A weekend pass is $5. A Sunday-only pass is $3. Where is the Saturday-only price? By Sunday, many vendors have sold out of their wares. I do not want to go Saturday and Sunday. I only want to go on Saturday. I will have to pay $2 more than the Sunday only price.
More about POWs
THE article in Sunday's edition about the old POW camp in Weingarten, Mo., was interesting. If anyone would like to know more about POW camps in Missouri during World War II, there is a great book titled "The Enemy Among Us" by David Fiddler.