- Plans in the works to save Esquire Theater on Broadway in Cape (2/21/18)2
- Man transitioning to woman killed herself in Cape City Jail in June; news comes from architect's pitch in Kansas (2/15/18)2
- Bell City arrest, Scott City incident highlight high-alert status following Fla. school shooting (2/20/18)4
- Cape Girardeau businessman proposes redevelopment project; seeks taxing district to fund improvements (2/17/18)16
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)12
- As February winds down, Chaffee looking forward to reopening of ice cream shop (2/21/18)1
- Scott City puts school on lockdown; officials say alleged threat 'not credible' (2/21/18)2
- The heart of the matter: Clinic helps patients rise above congestive heart failure (2/17/18)
- Local foodies share most romantic places (2/22/18)
National Comedian returns to The Mississippi Mud House. LONG HORN THE COMEDIAN Nov 6th
The Only Black Cowboy Comedian In The World returns to The Mississippi Mud House in cape Girardeau November 6th.
After a sold out preformance earlier in the year Longhorn returns to The Mud House to make to laugh.
Hailed as one of the most unique acts in comedy, Longhorn The Comedian is the premiere "Black Cowboy Comedian "comic working the country today. His act is billed as "The Longhorn Comedy Show," is just as unique -- a hilarious blend of jokes and observation from a "Country Boy's" point of view. His material ranges from stuff about his kids, current events and past experiences. Longhorn offers a rousing night of entertainment performed with a Texas Flair. Born Vernon E. Davis, II, in the small town of Heidenhaimer, Texas to a family of "crazy country people", he quickly learned that the lessons of life are easier to learn if you add just a little humor. There is nothing "off-limits" to Longhorn's comedy third eye. He takes the events of life as he sees them and then turns them around to show you how it appears to him and why it is funny. Seriously, nothing is sacred, he talks about kids, old people, midgets, past life experiences, current events, politics and whatever else he sees that needs to be humanized. True comedy is life as we all see it but it takes a comedian like Longhorn to turn it around and help you see the humor in it, there is something funny about everything, I do mean everything to include church (one of his favorite topics, his mother is an Evangelist). Longhorn has traveled extensively as a comedian, a veteran and a military brat. While seeing the country and encountering various people have allowed Longhorn to be little broader then most comedians. Being able to identify with various people classes and cultures allows Longhorn the depth and ability to perform for any audience. Longhorn performs for churches, corporate events, college and high school events, comedy clubs (both mainstream and urban), night clubs and private events, having material tailored for each event and sometimes using what comes to mind while he is on stage. More than anything this "Texas Born and Breed Cowboy" is a welcome antidote to the manic, fast-paced comedians currently clogging stages and airwaves. Tapping into his laid-back Texas roots, Longhorn sets a mellow mood with wry observations and humorous anecdotes that will leave you rolling with laughter.
Longhorn has performed with some the country's top and best known comedians to include: D.L. Hughley, Paul Mooney, Aries Spears, Tracy Morgan, Cheryl Underwood, Greg Warren, James Johan, Tommy Davidson just to name a few. You can put him on any stage; anywhere and he will hold his own.
Longhorn will have DVDs and photos available to buy and will sign autographs after his show.
"Comedy Night AT The Mud House Presents" LONGHORN THE COMEDIAN Friday Nov 6th 2009 7:30pm
Also special opening act TBA and Comedy Night Host Richard Cason.
The show is 18 & over only. And is $5.00 at the door night of show. Starts at 7:30. Seating is limited for this show, get there early for best seats. Call the Mississippi Mud House at (573)339-0991 for more information,
MISSISSIPPI MUD HOUSE
Cape Girardeau, Mo