- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)8
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)14
- Pincksten's newest renovation project: 328 S. Spanish St. (7/17/16)6
- Trooper-involved homicide case rests in prosecutor's hands (7/17/16)15
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)1
- 'I want to see how far I can go' (7/21/16)2
Cape Central yearbook and newspaper staffs bring home Sweepstakes trophy
The Girardot yearbook staff and The Tiger newspaper staff at Cape Central High School brought home the Sweepstakes trophy at the SEMSPA (Southeast Missouri Student Press Association) Conference and Competition at Southeast Missouri State University last month. Over 400 students and advisers from Southeast Missouri participated and competed in several categories. More than twenty schools were represented.
The Sweepstakes Trophy is awarded to the school with the most combined points for placing 1st, 2nd, or 3rd in design, photography, and writing competition. The winners from Cape Central were Hillary Caldwell, Current Events, 3rd place; Lindsey Kolb, Write Off Competition, 2nd place; Newspaper First Page Design Layout, 1st place; Newspaper Double Page Spread Layout, 1st place; Yearbook Double Page Spread Layout, 1st place.