- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Eldorado Resorts to buy Isle of Capri Casinos (9/20/16)7
- Community helps Jackson family with two cases of muscular dystrophy (9/19/16)
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)7
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Man convicted of Perryville convenience-store heist (9/21/16)
Cape Central yearbook and newspaper staffs bring home Sweepstakes trophy
The Girardot yearbook staff and The Tiger newspaper staff at Cape Central High School brought home the Sweepstakes trophy at the SEMSPA (Southeast Missouri Student Press Association) Conference and Competition at Southeast Missouri State University last month. Over 400 students and advisers from Southeast Missouri participated and competed in several categories. More than twenty schools were represented.
The Sweepstakes Trophy is awarded to the school with the most combined points for placing 1st, 2nd, or 3rd in design, photography, and writing competition. The winners from Cape Central were Hillary Caldwell, Current Events, 3rd place; Lindsey Kolb, Write Off Competition, 2nd place; Newspaper First Page Design Layout, 1st place; Newspaper Double Page Spread Layout, 1st place; Yearbook Double Page Spread Layout, 1st place.