- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)6
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)48
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)18
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- $22M bond issue would alter Jackson schools (2/22/17)12
Cape Central yearbook and newspaper staffs bring home Sweepstakes trophy
The Girardot yearbook staff and The Tiger newspaper staff at Cape Central High School brought home the Sweepstakes trophy at the SEMSPA (Southeast Missouri Student Press Association) Conference and Competition at Southeast Missouri State University last month. Over 400 students and advisers from Southeast Missouri participated and competed in several categories. More than twenty schools were represented.
The Sweepstakes Trophy is awarded to the school with the most combined points for placing 1st, 2nd, or 3rd in design, photography, and writing competition. The winners from Cape Central were Hillary Caldwell, Current Events, 3rd place; Lindsey Kolb, Write Off Competition, 2nd place; Newspaper First Page Design Layout, 1st place; Newspaper Double Page Spread Layout, 1st place; Yearbook Double Page Spread Layout, 1st place.