- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Jackson police describe night of anger, car crashes, drug possession by 18-year-old (1/22/17)5
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Local students to perform with choir at inauguration (1/19/17)3
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
Cape Central yearbook and newspaper staffs bring home Sweepstakes trophy
The Girardot yearbook staff and The Tiger newspaper staff at Cape Central High School brought home the Sweepstakes trophy at the SEMSPA (Southeast Missouri Student Press Association) Conference and Competition at Southeast Missouri State University last month. Over 400 students and advisers from Southeast Missouri participated and competed in several categories. More than twenty schools were represented.
The Sweepstakes Trophy is awarded to the school with the most combined points for placing 1st, 2nd, or 3rd in design, photography, and writing competition. The winners from Cape Central were Hillary Caldwell, Current Events, 3rd place; Lindsey Kolb, Write Off Competition, 2nd place; Newspaper First Page Design Layout, 1st place; Newspaper Double Page Spread Layout, 1st place; Yearbook Double Page Spread Layout, 1st place.