- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)36
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Three brothers win at SEMO District Fair
The dream of many 4H students who show beef cattle at the SEMO District Fair is to have their steer selected as champion. This is just what these three brothers Chad, Cody and Colton Kinder did on Wednesday, Sept. 16, 2009.
All three boys showed in separate classes and won their weight division over all. They then had to show against each other for grand champion, which Cody Kinder won in the 4H division.
These champions represent a year of hard work by three young Southeast Missourians who try and raise the best example of beef breed there is. These fine youngsters belong to the Daisy 4H club.
Chad, Cody and Colton Kinder are the sons of the very proud parents Kirk and Tammy Kinder of Daisy, Missouri. They are also the grandsons of Pat Meer and the late John Meyer of Biehle, the late Glen "Dude" Kinder and the late Verla Kinder of Daisy.