- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Chaffee man charged with attempting to have ex-wife killed (8/20/17)3
- Former Chaffee officer faces DWI charge (8/20/17)2
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- PBS crew filming in Cape; Glenn House to be featured (8/17/17)
- Jumbo size: Rhodes 101 sets a world record with 15-foot, 4,700 gallon drinking cup (8/21/17)3
- Scott City Council reinstates police chief (8/16/17)1
- Unions deliver signatures to block right-to-work in Missouri (8/20/17)40
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
Three brothers win at SEMO District Fair
The dream of many 4H students who show beef cattle at the SEMO District Fair is to have their steer selected as champion. This is just what these three brothers Chad, Cody and Colton Kinder did on Wednesday, Sept. 16, 2009.
All three boys showed in separate classes and won their weight division over all. They then had to show against each other for grand champion, which Cody Kinder won in the 4H division.
These champions represent a year of hard work by three young Southeast Missourians who try and raise the best example of beef breed there is. These fine youngsters belong to the Daisy 4H club.
Chad, Cody and Colton Kinder are the sons of the very proud parents Kirk and Tammy Kinder of Daisy, Missouri. They are also the grandsons of Pat Meer and the late John Meyer of Biehle, the late Glen "Dude" Kinder and the late Verla Kinder of Daisy.