- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Cape man stabbed in head, arm after strip-club incident; skull fractured, police say (6/25/17)3
- Custom cuts: Local hairstylist provides free haircuts to special-needs children (6/26/17)3
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)2
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)4
- Oran town board fired officer before hiring him as police chief; city officials say they can't remember reason for firing (6/25/17)2
- Playing with fire (6/25/17)
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
Three brothers win at SEMO District Fair
The dream of many 4H students who show beef cattle at the SEMO District Fair is to have their steer selected as champion. This is just what these three brothers Chad, Cody and Colton Kinder did on Wednesday, Sept. 16, 2009.
All three boys showed in separate classes and won their weight division over all. They then had to show against each other for grand champion, which Cody Kinder won in the 4H division.
These champions represent a year of hard work by three young Southeast Missourians who try and raise the best example of beef breed there is. These fine youngsters belong to the Daisy 4H club.
Chad, Cody and Colton Kinder are the sons of the very proud parents Kirk and Tammy Kinder of Daisy, Missouri. They are also the grandsons of Pat Meer and the late John Meyer of Biehle, the late Glen "Dude" Kinder and the late Verla Kinder of Daisy.