- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Truck strikes cow, ends up in pond near Miner
MINER, Mo. -- Traffic was diverted from a portion of Route HH early this morning after a cow was reportedly struck by a truck on the highway.
According to reports, the truck left the roadway and entered a pond. The Miner Police Department assisted the Missouri State Highway Patrol with the traffic diversion while the truck was pulled out from the pond. At about 9 a.m., the truck had been completely removed from the pond, enabling authorities to open one lane to traffic in the area.
As of press time, authorities indicated there were no injuries in the accident. No further information was available at the time.