- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Jackson volleyball defeats Perryville
The Jackson volleyball team pulled out a marathon match against host Perryville Monday night.
After Perryville won the first set 26-24, Jackson came back to take the final two sets 26-24, 25-23.
"It was a long match," Jackson coach Maile Gannon said.
Rachael Meyr had 29 assists, six digs and three kills for the Indians (20-8).
Jill Rushin recorded 11 kills, 20 digs and four blocks, while Taylor Glueck had 19 digs, five kills, four service aces and two blocks.
Cassandra Bollinger added 18 digs.
For Perryville (17-10), Megan Moldenhauer had 26 assists, Catie Oberndorfer had 16 digs and Logan Johnson added 10 digs.
JV -- Perryville won 22-25, 25-19, 25-23.
Meghan Dohogne, Allyson Bradshaw and Shannon Brennan led Notre Dame (28-4) to a road victory.
Dohogne had six kills and four blocks, Bradshaw had 10 kills, and Brennan helped with 17 assists. Kate Edwards had seven kills and Amy Wibbenmeyer added three service aces.
JV -- Notre Dame won 2-0.
|Central||26||23||25 Poplar Bluff||24||25||21|
Central pulled out a tight match at home.
Charis Stewart led the Tigers (9-19-2) in kills with 12 and she added eight digs.
Tori Scheller had 19 assists, eight digs and four kills; Meg Goodman had 15 assists and two aces; and Chelsea Pannier recorded nine kills and four digs.
JV -- Poplar Bluff won 25-13, 25-14.
|Leopold||25||25 St. Vincent||12||19|
Leopold cruised to a road victory.
Abby Landewee had 11 kills and four digs for the Wildcats (22-2), while Kirsten Thele had six kills, four digs and three blocks.
Lauren Seiler dished out 20 assists and Kelli Woodfin added six digs.
|Oran||25||25||13||25 Oak Ridge||14||12||25||13|
Oran won a best-of-five match on the road.
Taylor Irwin had six assists, five digs and four aces. Amanda Young had six blocks, four aces and three digs. Kali Mills added four kills.
Notre Dame 4, Saxony 0
Notre Dame improved to 9-11 as it blanked Saxony Lutheran in a makeup game at home.
Joe Froemsdorf, Jonathan Lynch, Aaron Arnzen and Keke Kellum netted goals for Notre Dame. Jake Pewitt had two assists, and Tyler Buelow and Lynch had one apiece.
-- From staff reports