- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Sikeston man injured after driving vehicle off bridge
SIKESTON, Mo. - A Sikeston man was injured after driving his Ford Explorer off a bridge Sunday night.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol at around 6:58 p.m. Jimmy D Smith, 52, was driving his 1996 Ford Explorer westbound on County Road 472. The Explorer ran off the edge of a bridge, overturned and burned. Smith was transported by ambulance to Missouri Delta Medical Center in Sikeston, where he was treated for moderate injuries.
The Explorer was totaled and Smith was wearing his seat belt at the time of the crash.