- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Robert Morris VanWinkle, 48, of Cape Girardeau died Saturday, Oct. 17, 2009, at his residence.
He was born Feb. 24, 1961, in Moberly, Mo., to Morris and Marjorie VanWinkle.
He worked most of his adult life as a trucker. His most recent employment was with Buchheit Trucking, until he retired in June because of ill health.
Survivors include two sons, Kenneth Wayne and Logan Dane, and his father, Morris, all of Cape Girardeau; a daughter, Amanda Carter of Wisconsin; and two sisters, Sandra (Pat) Conklin of Cape Girardeau and Cindy (Mike) Rouggly of Jackson.
He was preceded in death by his mother.
A graveside service will be at 2 p.m. Tuesday at Cape County Memorial Park Cemetery.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneral.com.