- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)36
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Helen Sue Taylor, 62, of Cape Girardeau died Sunday, Oct. 18, 2009, at her residence.
She was born Sept. 24, 1947, in Sikeston, Mo., to Glen and Mary Drucille Pixley Ayers. She and Dr. Philip Taylor were married at Dexter, Mo., on Aug. 8, 1970.
She was employed in the Jackson school system as a speech pathologist for several years. She was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Church.
Survivors include her husband; three daughters, Sally Powell and husband, Russell, of Columbia, Mo., Bonnie Taylor of New York City, Jennifer Jackson and husband, Corey, of Columbia, Mo.; four brothers, Dennis Ayers and Philip Ayers of St. Louis, Neal Ayers of Dexter, Mo., and David Ayers of Kansas City; and a sister, Linda Bailiff of Cape Girardeau.
She was preceded in death by her father and a brother, Stephen Ayers.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church, with the Rev. Saviour Nundwe officiating.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be given to the church.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneral.com.