- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Pearl C. Zahner, 99, of Perryville died Sunday, Oct. 18, 2009, at Perry County Memorial Hospital.
She was born April 11, 1910, at Perry County, Mo., to Henry Grass and Julia Taylor Grass. She and Ivo F. Zahner were married May 7, 1927, at Perryville.
She was a machine operator for International Shoe. She was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church and the Daughters of Isabella.
Survivors include a son, Donald Zahner of Lincoln, Calif.; and five grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband May 8, 2003.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Tuesday and from 6:30 a.m. to 12:50 p.m. Wednesday at Miller Family Funeral Home in Perryville.
Parish prayers with the Daughters of Isabella will be at 7 p.m. Tuesday and the rosary will be recited at 10 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home.
Funeral Mass will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church, with the Rev. Milton Ryan officiating. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery.
Memorial donations can be made to St. Vincent schools.