- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Quentin L. Davis, 91, of Cape Girardeau, formerly of Jonesboro, Ill., died Saturday, Oct. 17, 2009, at Saint Francis Medical Center.
He was born in Balcombe, Ill., on July 20, 1918, to Charles and Bertha Settlemoir Davis. He married Kathleen Aldridge on Aug. 8, 1959, in Anna, Ill.
He was a member of VFW Post 3455 in Anna.
Survivors include his wife, Kathleen, of Cape Girardeau; a son, Quentin Randal Davis of Jeffersonville, Ind.; a stepdaughter, Sheila (Michael) Maguire and a granddaughter, Annise Maguire, both of of Cape Girardeau; other relatives and many friends.
He was preceded in death by four brothers, Nolan, Claude, Rooney and Donald Davis; and a grandson, Sean Maguire.
Visitation will be from 5 to 7 p.m. Tuesday at Rendleman and Hileman Funeral Home in Jonesboro. The funeral will be at 7 p.m. at the funeral home, with the Rev. Billy Garner officiating.
Cremation will follow the funeral service.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the First Baptist Church of Jonesboro. Envelopes will be available at the funeral home.