- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Eagle Ridge takes third in tournament
The Eagle Ridge volleyball team finished third in its conference tournament Saturday.
Heather Wiseman earned a spot on the all-conference first team, while Susanna Cohen earned a spot on the second team.
The Eagles opened the action Saturday with a 25-14, 25-5 victory against Thomas Jefferson. Megan Woodall recorded four aces and four digs, while Nichole Mobley added two aces and two assists.
The Eagles then fell to Christian Outreach 25-16, 25-17. Woodall recorded 11 assists, while Tylar Kennedy chipped in three kills and nine digs.
Eagel Ridge (11-10) wrapped up the tournament with a victory against Liberty Christian. Amy Cunningham had five digs, while Hannah Hess added four. Kennedy contributed three aces and five digs.
-- From staff reports