- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Sikeston man dies in single-vehicle crash Friday night
MORLEY, Mo. -- A Sikeston, Mo., man was killed Friday night in a one-vehicle accident in Scott County.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol, David A. Scowden, 29, was driving south on County Road 405, three miles east of Morley, at 8:35 p.m. Friday when his vehicle ran off the right side of the road. Scowden apparently overcorrected, causing the vehicle to run off the left side of the road.
The vehicle then overturned, ejecting Scowden and his passenger, Robert B. Hinton, 13, also of Sikeston.
Hinton was seriously injured and transported by ambulance to Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
Scowden was pronounced dead at the scene by Scott County deputy coroner James Donner. He was taken to Amick-Burnett Funeral Home in Scott City.