- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Sikeston man dies in single-vehicle crash Friday night
MORLEY, Mo. -- A Sikeston, Mo., man was killed Friday night in a one-vehicle accident in Scott County.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol, David A. Scowden, 29, was driving south on County Road 405, three miles east of Morley, at 8:35 p.m. Friday when his vehicle ran off the right side of the road. Scowden apparently overcorrected, causing the vehicle to run off the left side of the road.
The vehicle then overturned, ejecting Scowden and his passenger, Robert B. Hinton, 13, also of Sikeston.
Hinton was seriously injured and transported by ambulance to Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
Scowden was pronounced dead at the scene by Scott County deputy coroner James Donner. He was taken to Amick-Burnett Funeral Home in Scott City.