- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
High school roundup: Leopold captures tournament title
Leopold downed Zalma in two games to capture the Mississippi Valley Conference volleyball tournament crown Friday.
Lauren Seiler put up 19 assists and nine digs to lead the Wildcats to the 25-19, 25-19 victory.
Kirsten Thele smashed 13 kills and Kelli Woodfin added 10 digs. Abby Landewee and Mackenzie Beel both finished with eight kills for Leopold (21-2).
JV -- Leopold beat Meadow Heights 25-21, 25-14
Bell City fell in the championship match to Bloomfield.
The Cubs lost 25-21, 25-19.
Bell City enjoyed a 10-5 lead in the first game and 5-0 lead in the second game, but couldn't hold on.
BOYS SOCCER Jackson 3, Northwest 1
Tyson Stoverink's two goals helped lead the Indians to a road win.
Clayton Baker added the other goal for Jackson (13-5).
Brice Steger, Ryan Schlick and Brandon Liebeknecht each had an assist.
Cody Boehme earned the win in goal.
-- From staff reports