- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)17
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
High school roundup: Leopold captures tournament title
Leopold downed Zalma in two games to capture the Mississippi Valley Conference volleyball tournament crown Friday.
Lauren Seiler put up 19 assists and nine digs to lead the Wildcats to the 25-19, 25-19 victory.
Kirsten Thele smashed 13 kills and Kelli Woodfin added 10 digs. Abby Landewee and Mackenzie Beel both finished with eight kills for Leopold (21-2).
JV -- Leopold beat Meadow Heights 25-21, 25-14
Bell City fell in the championship match to Bloomfield.
The Cubs lost 25-21, 25-19.
Bell City enjoyed a 10-5 lead in the first game and 5-0 lead in the second game, but couldn't hold on.
BOYS SOCCER Jackson 3, Northwest 1
Tyson Stoverink's two goals helped lead the Indians to a road win.
Clayton Baker added the other goal for Jackson (13-5).
Brice Steger, Ryan Schlick and Brandon Liebeknecht each had an assist.
Cody Boehme earned the win in goal.
-- From staff reports