Cape Girardeau City Council agenda
Sunday, October 18, 2009
7 p.m. Monday
401 Independence Street
* A public hearing to consider vacating the city's interest in a water-line easement west of Cape Girardeau County Park North and east of Limbaugh Lane.
* A public hearing regarding the request of Cape Properties LLC and D-7 Holdings, LLC to rezone Lot 1, part of Lot 2, part of Lot 3 of Kensington Place Phase One, and part of the northwest quarter of section 27, township 31 north, range 13 east, situated off Lampe Road, from R-1, residential district, to C-2, general commercial district. The developers plan to build an assisted living facility.
* Bill No. 09-160, an ordinance granting a special use permit to Mark Rademaker for the purpose of maintaining and operating a travel trailer park in a mobile home park, at 3020 Boutin Drive.
* Bill No. 09-163, an ordinance annexing 14.144 acres east of Lampe Road and north of Deerfield to the city upon request of D-7 Holdings LLC and Cape Properties LLC.
* Bill No. 09-165, an ordinance vacating the city's interest in a water-line easement west of Cape Girardeau County Park North and east of Limbaugh Lane. First reading.
* Bill No. 09-166, an ordinance changing the zoning of Lot 1, part of Lot 2 and part of lot 3 of Kensington Place Phase One, and part of the Northwest Quarter of Section 27, Township 31 North, Range 13 East from R-1 to C-2. First reading.
* Bill No. 09-169, an ordinance annexing 49.71 acres along LaSalle Avenue upon the request of Norwald Inc. First reading.
* Bill No. 09-170, an ordinance annexing 58.38 acres land along LaSalle Avenue upon the request of Meyr Properties L.P. First reading.
* Bill No. 09-175, an ordinance amending the boundaries of wards 4 and 6 to include annexed properties. First reading.
* Bill No. 09-173, an ordinance approving the record plat of Brinkopf Subdivision. First reading.
* Bill No. 09-174, an ordinance regarding parking near signalized intersections. First reading.
* Bill No. 09-167, a resolution authorizing the city manager to execute a lease agreement with the Federal Aviation Administration for office space at the Cape Girardeau Regional Airport. Reading and passage.
* Bill No. 09-171, a resolution authorizing the city manager to execute a contract with Delta Dental for employee dental insurance services. Reading and passage.
* Bill No. 09-172, a resolution authorizing the city manager to execute a contract with Anthem Blue Cross for employee health insurance services. Reading and passage.
* Appointment to the Historic Preservation Commission.
* Appointments to the Planning and Zoning Commission.
* Appointments to the Parks and Recreation Advisory Board.
* Appointment to the Girardeau Goes Green Advisory Board.
* Approval of a 5 percent beer by-the-drink and Sunday sales liquor license for Bi Xing Liu, d/b/a Chan's Restaurant, 1159 N. Kingshighway, Bi Xing, Liu, managing officer.
* Approval of a temporary 5 percent beer by-the-drink license for John J. Yallaly, d/b/a American Legion Post 63, for an event to be held Nov. 7 at 2731 Thomas Drive.
* Approval of a temporary 5 percent beer by-the-drink license for Paul E. Pfeiffer, d/b/a St. Vincent DePaul Auction Committee, for an event to be held Nov. 7 and 8 at the A. C. Brase Arena Building.
* Discussion and action regarding a proposed plan to transition to automated solid waste collection and single stream recycling and for staff to prepare an ordinance to appropriate the necessary funds.