- Business notebook: Cape salon picked as one of nation's top 200 (4/17/17)
- Man out on bond for alleged molestation of boys charged with abusing girl (4/18/17)
- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)9
- New policy for semissourian.com online commentary: No pseudonyms (4/17/17)57
- Without city record, Marie Street residents on hook for thousands in sewer repairs (4/19/17)7
- Going the distance: Several locals participate in Boston Marathon (4/18/17)2
- City wants to put hold on shipping container houses for now (4/17/17)1
- Deputy: Man kicked, broke uncle's ribs after yard-work dispute (4/19/17)
- Cape councilman Bob Fox to run for mayor (4/21/17)5
- Scott County: M Kay Supply in Benton fills unique needs in community (4/14/17)
STRYPER still playing after 25 years!
You may remember the 80's hair band STRYPER from when they played to a crowd of over 5000 people here in Cape Girardeau back in 1988. Well believe it or not, they are now on a 25th anniversary tour in support of a new album titled "Murder by pride". I was lucky enough to win tickets from Real Rock 99.3 to go see the tour as Stryper made a stop in Saint Louis at "Pops". As you can tell from the photo, I was able to get very close to the stage for some great pictures. This concert sure did bring back some good memories and in case you did not know - they are on tour with all 4 original members! The photo is of the lead singer Michael Sweet. I will try to upload some video onto youtube for all the fans. These guys are now better than ever and I hope they land another top 20 hit as they have done in the past with "Honestly". Michael Sweet has also played with the band BOSTON and his son Michael Jr is playing in their opening band called flight patterns.