- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)23
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)5
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
STRYPER still playing after 25 years!
You may remember the 80's hair band STRYPER from when they played to a crowd of over 5000 people here in Cape Girardeau back in 1988. Well believe it or not, they are now on a 25th anniversary tour in support of a new album titled "Murder by pride". I was lucky enough to win tickets from Real Rock 99.3 to go see the tour as Stryper made a stop in Saint Louis at "Pops". As you can tell from the photo, I was able to get very close to the stage for some great pictures. This concert sure did bring back some good memories and in case you did not know - they are on tour with all 4 original members! The photo is of the lead singer Michael Sweet. I will try to upload some video onto youtube for all the fans. These guys are now better than ever and I hope they land another top 20 hit as they have done in the past with "Honestly". Michael Sweet has also played with the band BOSTON and his son Michael Jr is playing in their opening band called flight patterns.