- State declares test results for schools invalid (10/4/17)2
- College algebra to be removed from Southeast required curriculum (10/10/17)1
- Child-custody advocate: State law needs fix to provide parents with more equal custody (10/12/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Cancer will 'change your life, but it doesn't have to rule it' (10/8/17)
- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- Bills addressing equal child custody to be filed, legislators say (10/13/17)
- The last person to be laid to rest at Old Lorimier Cemetery: Mary Russell Fox (10/17/17)2
STRYPER still playing after 25 years!
You may remember the 80's hair band STRYPER from when they played to a crowd of over 5000 people here in Cape Girardeau back in 1988. Well believe it or not, they are now on a 25th anniversary tour in support of a new album titled "Murder by pride". I was lucky enough to win tickets from Real Rock 99.3 to go see the tour as Stryper made a stop in Saint Louis at "Pops". As you can tell from the photo, I was able to get very close to the stage for some great pictures. This concert sure did bring back some good memories and in case you did not know - they are on tour with all 4 original members! The photo is of the lead singer Michael Sweet. I will try to upload some video onto youtube for all the fans. These guys are now better than ever and I hope they land another top 20 hit as they have done in the past with "Honestly". Michael Sweet has also played with the band BOSTON and his son Michael Jr is playing in their opening band called flight patterns.