- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)3
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)23
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)24
STRYPER still playing after 25 years!
You may remember the 80's hair band STRYPER from when they played to a crowd of over 5000 people here in Cape Girardeau back in 1988. Well believe it or not, they are now on a 25th anniversary tour in support of a new album titled "Murder by pride". I was lucky enough to win tickets from Real Rock 99.3 to go see the tour as Stryper made a stop in Saint Louis at "Pops". As you can tell from the photo, I was able to get very close to the stage for some great pictures. This concert sure did bring back some good memories and in case you did not know - they are on tour with all 4 original members! The photo is of the lead singer Michael Sweet. I will try to upload some video onto youtube for all the fans. These guys are now better than ever and I hope they land another top 20 hit as they have done in the past with "Honestly". Michael Sweet has also played with the band BOSTON and his son Michael Jr is playing in their opening band called flight patterns.