- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)6
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)2
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)47
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
Follies: Great memories
There is going to be a Jaycee Follies reunion at the Cape River Heritage Museum on Oct. 30. I remember the follies. I was a child and a voice student of Catherine Lange (I think that was her name). I remember being on stage with other girls. We sang "April Showers," wore yellow raincoats and carried umbrellas. It was so much fun. My mother has it captured on black-and-white film. I wish we had had camcorders back then. I don't remember what year it was. I also remember my dad participating one year by dressing up as a woman. He wore a blue velvet dress and a hat, I think. I would need to coordinate that information with my mother, a lifelong Cape Girardeau resident. I thought it was so funny to see dads dressed up like moms. We hope to come up from Florida to take a trip down memory lane and participate in the reunion.
VICKI MAULDIN, Jacksonville, Fla.