- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)12
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- 'Love, not hate': Area residents gather to sing, talk about racial issues after violence in Charlottesville (8/14/17)89
Follies: Great memories
There is going to be a Jaycee Follies reunion at the Cape River Heritage Museum on Oct. 30. I remember the follies. I was a child and a voice student of Catherine Lange (I think that was her name). I remember being on stage with other girls. We sang "April Showers," wore yellow raincoats and carried umbrellas. It was so much fun. My mother has it captured on black-and-white film. I wish we had had camcorders back then. I don't remember what year it was. I also remember my dad participating one year by dressing up as a woman. He wore a blue velvet dress and a hat, I think. I would need to coordinate that information with my mother, a lifelong Cape Girardeau resident. I thought it was so funny to see dads dressed up like moms. We hope to come up from Florida to take a trip down memory lane and participate in the reunion.
VICKI MAULDIN, Jacksonville, Fla.