- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)7
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)15
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Imo's Pizza will be added to Rhodes 101 convenience store in Jackson (1/10/17)16
- Wallingford proposes bill to collect sales taxes on online purchases (1/11/17)30
Follies: Great memories
There is going to be a Jaycee Follies reunion at the Cape River Heritage Museum on Oct. 30. I remember the follies. I was a child and a voice student of Catherine Lange (I think that was her name). I remember being on stage with other girls. We sang "April Showers," wore yellow raincoats and carried umbrellas. It was so much fun. My mother has it captured on black-and-white film. I wish we had had camcorders back then. I don't remember what year it was. I also remember my dad participating one year by dressing up as a woman. He wore a blue velvet dress and a hat, I think. I would need to coordinate that information with my mother, a lifelong Cape Girardeau resident. I thought it was so funny to see dads dressed up like moms. We hope to come up from Florida to take a trip down memory lane and participate in the reunion.
VICKI MAULDIN, Jacksonville, Fla.