- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)9
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)15
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)34
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Company to start recruiting businesses to Jackson, Cape (12/9/16)14
- 13 venues, 60 sponsors participating in Happy Slapowitz's Toy Bash on Thursday (12/7/16)2
Follies: Great memories
There is going to be a Jaycee Follies reunion at the Cape River Heritage Museum on Oct. 30. I remember the follies. I was a child and a voice student of Catherine Lange (I think that was her name). I remember being on stage with other girls. We sang "April Showers," wore yellow raincoats and carried umbrellas. It was so much fun. My mother has it captured on black-and-white film. I wish we had had camcorders back then. I don't remember what year it was. I also remember my dad participating one year by dressing up as a woman. He wore a blue velvet dress and a hat, I think. I would need to coordinate that information with my mother, a lifelong Cape Girardeau resident. I thought it was so funny to see dads dressed up like moms. We hope to come up from Florida to take a trip down memory lane and participate in the reunion.
VICKI MAULDIN, Jacksonville, Fla.