- Dashcam video of Lowe's truck crash going viral (7/26/17)
- Former Sikeston DPS director denies knowing about allegations against detective (7/20/17)1
- 49-year-old homicide victim found in Cape (7/20/17)
- Compliance check results in underage citations at four Cape bars (7/19/17)1
- Chaffee City Council fires officer facing criminal charge (7/23/17)1
- At least one Perryville cop disciplined for misconduct (7/20/17)1
- Wreck flips Lowe's truck in Cape (7/25/17)4
- More details emerge in Perryville police-misconduct case (7/21/17)
- Cape homicide victim identified (7/21/17)
- Buffalo Wild Wings to hold fundraiser Wednesday for ailing Cape officer (7/19/17)1
Burden on military volunteers
America used to be the land of the free and home of the brave. Today the U.S. has the distinction of being the land of the criminals and host to the world's largest prison system.
The U.S. has the distinction of being the most abusive to the few truly brave men and women whom we send out to protect us. It seems criminal to me that we can't get beyond an all-volunteer military and begin a draft. A draft would reduce a lot of problems associated with having far too many young men and women with nothing to do except becoming the next generation of criminals.
It is criminal that your son or daughter, who volunteered to do his or her part to keep America safe, not only fought in a war, but, because he or she survived, had to go back again and again. It's not right to expect anyone to be forced to return to the battlefield several times.
Sleep well tonight, America, knowing you could have volunteered or have been drafted.
MAXON ROADS, Jackson