- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Crabtree - Friend
Stephanie Iva Crabtree and Todd Friend were married July 25, 2009, at St. Augustine Catholic Church in Kelso, Mo. The Rev. Oliver Clavin performed the ceremony. Organist was Betty Ressel, and vocalists were Renee Reinagel and Walter Seyer, all of Kelso. Reader was Sarah Mirgaux of Kelso. Giftbearers were Jerome and Beverly Essner, godparents of the groom.
The bride is the daughter of Gayla Crabtree of Cape Girardeau, and the late Michael Crabtree. Randal and Marilyn Friend of Kelso are parents of the groom.
Maid of honor was Tabatha Crabtree of Dexter, Mo., sister of the bride. Bridesmaids were Emily Witvoet of Cape Girardeau, Mistie Senciboy of Kelso, Kayleen Shaw of Altenburg, Mo., Alaina Smith of New Jersey, Heather Gresham of Cape Girardeau, Amy Augustine of Columbia, Mo., and Ashley Ziegler of Cape Girardeau.
Eric Schlosser of Scott City was best man. Groomsmen were Aaron Friend of Kelso, brother of the groom; Jacob Ressel of Kelso, John O'Rourke of Davenport, Iowa, Brandon Licare of Jackson, Dustin Denson of Kelso, Matt Glastetter of Mobile, Ala., and Chad Friend of Kelso, brother of the groom. Ushers were Wayne and Tony Essner of Kelso, cousins of the groom.
Candlelighters were Andrea Crabtree of Jackson, sister-in-law of the bride, and Michelle Hulshof of Kelso, cousin of the groom.
Flower girl was Sophia Crabtree, daughter of Scott and Andrea Crabtree of Jackson and niece of the bride. Ringbearer was Zack Slinkard, son of Jason and Kristy Slinkard of Kelso and cousin of the groom.
Kristi Schumer and Makenzie Cartwright of Cape Girardeau attended the guest book.
The reception was held at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Scott City. Servers were Amanda and Cassie Essner of Kelso.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner July 24 at Bella Italia.
Mrs. Friend received a bachelor's degree in education from Southeast Missouri State University, and a master's in education from William Woods University. She is a fifth grade teacher at Hearnes Elementary in Charleston, Mo.
The groom received a bachelor's degree in agriculture business from Southeast. He is employed by Drury Southwest.
After a wedding trip to Mexico, the couple is residing in Kelso.