- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Southeast Missourian Player of the Week: C.J. Pavlovsky
St. Vincent senior C.J. Pavlovsky led his team to a victory over Grandview during Week 7 of the high school football schedule.
He scored on offense. He scored on defense. And he contributed to a defensive effort that kept Grandview from scoring any points at all.
The result was an impressive 37-0 victory and a Player-of-the-Week performance.
Pavlovsky intercepted a pass in the second quarter and returned it 39 yards for a touchdown.
"I read his eyes from the beginning," Pavlovsky said after the game, referring to Grandview's quarterback. "I saw two guys coming. I had deep pass. I saw one guy cut to the middle and he kept his eyes on the guy. I knew right then. I broke outside and took it."
Just a few minutes later, with his team on offense, Pavlovsky broke free for a 46-yard run to score another touchdown. He finished with 130 rushing yards and three offensive touchdowns.
Pavlovsky and he Indians have won two of their last three games heading into district play.
"We know we've got something to grow on here," Pavlovsky said. "We know we're growing and we're being more of a team and we've got more confidence going into districts."