- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Southeast Missourian Player of the Week: C.J. Pavlovsky
St. Vincent senior C.J. Pavlovsky led his team to a victory over Grandview during Week 7 of the high school football schedule.
He scored on offense. He scored on defense. And he contributed to a defensive effort that kept Grandview from scoring any points at all.
The result was an impressive 37-0 victory and a Player-of-the-Week performance.
Pavlovsky intercepted a pass in the second quarter and returned it 39 yards for a touchdown.
"I read his eyes from the beginning," Pavlovsky said after the game, referring to Grandview's quarterback. "I saw two guys coming. I had deep pass. I saw one guy cut to the middle and he kept his eyes on the guy. I knew right then. I broke outside and took it."
Just a few minutes later, with his team on offense, Pavlovsky broke free for a 46-yard run to score another touchdown. He finished with 130 rushing yards and three offensive touchdowns.
Pavlovsky and he Indians have won two of their last three games heading into district play.
"We know we've got something to grow on here," Pavlovsky said. "We know we're growing and we're being more of a team and we've got more confidence going into districts."