- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Car runs into tree, driver treated for moderate injuries
A Millersville woman was injured Wednesday morning after the car she was driving struck a tree four miles west of Jackson.
The accident occurred around 8:40 a.m. when a 1994 Mercury driven by Kara T. Lemmon, 39, was traveling eastbound on Highway 34. The Mercury struck a guardrail, ran off the roadway and hit a tree.
Lemmon was transported by ambulance to Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau, where she was treated for moderate injuries. She was wearing a seat belt at the time of the accident, the highway patrol said.