- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)3
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)5
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)16
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)23
Nation briefs 3/7/05
BTK suspect complains of depression, sleeplessness
WICHITA, Kan. -- The man accused of being the BTK serial killer has complained about depression and asked about his family, who have not talked to him since he entered prison, his attorneys say. Dennis Rader, 60, is charged with 10 counts of first-degree murder in deaths that have haunted Wichita since 1974, when investigators began looking for a man who called himself the "Bind, Torture, Kill" strangler.
Ark., Iowa governors team up for marathon
LITTLE ROCK -- Nearly two years after he embarked on a diet and fitness regimen that left him 110 pounds lighter and diabetes free, Gov. Mike Huckabee finished the Little Rock Marathon Sunday ahead of his new running mate -- Gov. Tom Vilsack of Iowa. The crowd cheered as Huckabee turned the corner toward the finish line and started the last stretch of the 26.2 mile race. Huckabee finished in just over 4 1/2 hours, Vilsack finished about 40 minutes after Huckabee.