- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)21
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Boy hit by deer while playing football
WINTERSVILLE, Ohio -- A 7-year-old Ohio boy playing a game of backyard football was tackled by a deer.
Brandon Hiles says he encountered the buck when the ball rolled into woods while he was playing with friends Saturday in Wintersville, about 125 miles east of Columbus. The boy said the buck ran at him and flipped him with its antlers, leaving bruises and a gash.
His 9-year-old friend Wyatt Pugh beat the deer with a stick to make it go away.
Wintersville police officer Art Fowler Jr. said there were actually two bucks in the area gearing for a fight, and Brandon was attacked when he inadvertently got between them.
Information from: WTOV-TV, http://www.wtov9.com