- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Boy hit by deer while playing football
WINTERSVILLE, Ohio -- A 7-year-old Ohio boy playing a game of backyard football was tackled by a deer.
Brandon Hiles says he encountered the buck when the ball rolled into woods while he was playing with friends Saturday in Wintersville, about 125 miles east of Columbus. The boy said the buck ran at him and flipped him with its antlers, leaving bruises and a gash.
His 9-year-old friend Wyatt Pugh beat the deer with a stick to make it go away.
Wintersville police officer Art Fowler Jr. said there were actually two bucks in the area gearing for a fight, and Brandon was attacked when he inadvertently got between them.
Information from: WTOV-TV, http://www.wtov9.com