- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Three Rivers Community College president to visit Jackson today
Three Rivers Community College President Dr. Devin Stephenson will be meeting with Jackson residents tonight at a community reception.
The college president has been talking with Jackson city officials about establishing a higher education center in the city. In August, the Board of Alderman voted to donate 15 acres of land on U.S. 61 near Interstate 55, if the college locates there.
Three Rivers has also been in negotiations with Southeast Missouri State University and Mineral Area College about establishing a joint center. The negotiations are part of the efforts by a coalition of business and education leaders to establish a community college in the county.
The reception will be tonight at City Hall from 6 to 8 p.m.
101 Court St., Jackson, Mo.