- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
- Jury convicts Scott City man who confessed to murder; girlfriend's testimony corroborates confession (12/9/17)
- Sugarfire Cape barbecue restaurant to open June 2018 (12/7/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Two Cape County residents, including former Jackson police officer, face burglary charges in Colorado (12/12/17)
- Wind brings down Wendy's sign in Cape Girardeau (12/11/17)2
- Harbor Freight Tools plans to move ahead with Cape Girardeau store (12/5/17)2
Perryville High School PBS winners for September
The PBS (Positive Behavior Support) program is in full swing at the Perryville High School. Students who are found going above and beyond the PBS expectations may be issued a Buccaneer Buck by administrators and faculty members. Students may then redeem their Buccaneer Buck for a free homework pass, free admission to one athletic event, a free drink and snack from the concession stand, $1.00 off a library fine, or free admission to one school dance. Once redeemed, their Buccaneer Buck will be entered into the monthly, quarterly, and semester PBS drawings.
The winners of the September drawing were: (from left) Heather Franck, daughter of Christopher Franck; Andrew Martin, son of Tom and Donna Martin, and NiColette Gremaud, daughter of Kevin and Colette Gremaud.
Teachers are also eligible for a monthly drawing for going above and beyond staff expectations at Perryville High School. Teacher winners for September were: Michele Pellikan and Matt Spinner.