- Owner of Mary Jane Burgers & Brew in Perryville to open new culinary concept in Cape (9/15/17)3
- Man accused of setting fire to Delta bar; posted photos of it burning on Facebook (9/17/17)5
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- How the story of one dog is helping others (9/14/17)1
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Retailer may come to Jackson; rezoning needed first (9/17/17)2
- Eyewitnesses testify about fatal shooting; men were using drugs, alcohol (9/14/17)
- Jury finds Harris guilty of murder, 3 other counts (9/15/17)4
- Planet Fitness to anchor Town Plaza shopping center (9/18/17)2
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
Ford, UAW reach tenative deal on contract
DETROIT -- The United Auto Workers union says it has reached a tentative deal with Ford Motor Co. on contract concessions.
Details of the agreement will be presented to plant-level union leaders from across the country at a meeting today in Detroit. Those leaders will vote on whether to recommend the deal to Ford's 41,000 UAW members.
The deal would make modifications to a four-year pact reached in November 2007. The pact was modified in February and Ford was seeking concessions similar to those the UAW granted to General Motors and Chrysler.
Ford is the only Detroit-area automaker to avoid bankruptcy protection, so the deal may be a tough sell to the membership.