- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- New CEO named at Wood & Huston Bank (8/21/16)
- Victims of alleged Ponzi scheme seek compensation from killer's victims (8/21/16)3
- Cape Central football team falls to state-ranked Liberty in Pixley's debut (8/20/16)
- 'Santa' suspect Moffat sentenced to 12 years for sexual abuse of girl (8/23/16)2
Chinese migrants caught Friday at Mexico border in Arizona
TUCSON, Ariz. -- U.S. Border Patrol agents says several groups of illegal immigrants from China have been arrested in Arizona in recent days.
Border Patrol agent Colleen Agle says it's part of a trend that has seen increasing numbers of Chinese migrants trying to sneak into the U.S. from Mexico. Agle said Monday that human smugglers are enticing Chinese to be smuggled into the U.S.
Two Chinese were found among a large group of migrants who entered the county Friday from Mexico. Three more were found Saturday, a group that included four Chinese was captured Sunday and four more were arrested early Monday.
The numbers are still tiny in relation to the number of Mexican migrants caught.