- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)21
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Chinese migrants caught Friday at Mexico border in Arizona
TUCSON, Ariz. -- U.S. Border Patrol agents says several groups of illegal immigrants from China have been arrested in Arizona in recent days.
Border Patrol agent Colleen Agle says it's part of a trend that has seen increasing numbers of Chinese migrants trying to sneak into the U.S. from Mexico. Agle said Monday that human smugglers are enticing Chinese to be smuggled into the U.S.
Two Chinese were found among a large group of migrants who entered the county Friday from Mexico. Three more were found Saturday, a group that included four Chinese was captured Sunday and four more were arrested early Monday.
The numbers are still tiny in relation to the number of Mexican migrants caught.