- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)30
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)17
- Coroner asks for grand jury in Poplar Bluff fatal hit-and-run case (06/28/16)
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Business notebook: Melting Co. adds to Cape's food-truck fleet (06/27/16)
Chinese migrants caught Friday at Mexico border in Arizona
TUCSON, Ariz. -- U.S. Border Patrol agents says several groups of illegal immigrants from China have been arrested in Arizona in recent days.
Border Patrol agent Colleen Agle says it's part of a trend that has seen increasing numbers of Chinese migrants trying to sneak into the U.S. from Mexico. Agle said Monday that human smugglers are enticing Chinese to be smuggled into the U.S.
Two Chinese were found among a large group of migrants who entered the county Friday from Mexico. Three more were found Saturday, a group that included four Chinese was captured Sunday and four more were arrested early Monday.
The numbers are still tiny in relation to the number of Mexican migrants caught.