- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Cape man stabbed in head, arm after strip-club incident; skull fractured, police say (6/25/17)3
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)3
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)1
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
- Oran town board fired officer before hiring him as police chief; city officials say they can't remember reason for firing (6/25/17)2
- Library provides free lunches this summer (6/19/17)
- Jackson School District giving away bricks from 'Old A' building (6/23/17)2
Chinese migrants caught Friday at Mexico border in Arizona
TUCSON, Ariz. -- U.S. Border Patrol agents says several groups of illegal immigrants from China have been arrested in Arizona in recent days.
Border Patrol agent Colleen Agle says it's part of a trend that has seen increasing numbers of Chinese migrants trying to sneak into the U.S. from Mexico. Agle said Monday that human smugglers are enticing Chinese to be smuggled into the U.S.
Two Chinese were found among a large group of migrants who entered the county Friday from Mexico. Three more were found Saturday, a group that included four Chinese was captured Sunday and four more were arrested early Monday.
The numbers are still tiny in relation to the number of Mexican migrants caught.