- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)9
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)15
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Police charge 18-year-old in shooting death; may have been accidental (12/11/16)
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Three juveniles charged with making terrorist threat (12/11/16)
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Company to start recruiting businesses to Jackson, Cape (12/9/16)16
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)35
- 13 venues, 60 sponsors participating in Happy Slapowitz's Toy Bash on Thursday (12/7/16)2
Chinese migrants caught Friday at Mexico border in Arizona
TUCSON, Ariz. -- U.S. Border Patrol agents says several groups of illegal immigrants from China have been arrested in Arizona in recent days.
Border Patrol agent Colleen Agle says it's part of a trend that has seen increasing numbers of Chinese migrants trying to sneak into the U.S. from Mexico. Agle said Monday that human smugglers are enticing Chinese to be smuggled into the U.S.
Two Chinese were found among a large group of migrants who entered the county Friday from Mexico. Three more were found Saturday, a group that included four Chinese was captured Sunday and four more were arrested early Monday.
The numbers are still tiny in relation to the number of Mexican migrants caught.