- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
High school roundup: Scott City softball advances to semifinals with 10-8 win
Scott City squeaked past St. Vincent and into the semifinals of the Class 2 District 2 softball tournament Monday.
The Rams emerged with the 10-8 win and will face Kelly at 3 p.m. today at Perryville Park.
Saxony Lutheran saw its season end with a 14-2 loss to Crystal City.
BOYS SOCCER Saxony Lutheran 3, Poplar Bluff 1
Brent Rodewald scored two goals and added an assist to lead the Crusaders to the home victory.
Mark Buerck earned Saxony Lutheran's other marker.
Logan Sprandel and Matt Wills both earned an assist in the win.
|Scott City||25||25 Zalma||13||11|
Brooke Simpson pounded 12 kills to go with three aces, five digs and five blocks in the Rams' home win.
Katie Diebold had 10 assists and Jordan McFall had seven, while Katie Hogan had three kills and 10 digs for the Rams, who moved to the top of the latest Class 2 coaches poll.
Jill Rushin recorded eight kills and seven digs to lead the Indians to the home win.
Taylor Glueck had three kills, four digs and six aces, while Rachael Meyr had two kills, two digs and 20 assists.
Ashleigh Lawson finished with nine digs for Jackson (19-7).
JV -- Jackson won 2-0
|Leopold||25||25 Oak Ridge||8||14|
Kirsten Thele and Abby Landewee each smacked six kills as the Wildcats rolled to the home win.
Mackenzie Beel had five kills, while Lauren Seiler had 15 assists for Leopold (19-2).
JV -- Leopold won 2-0
|Perryville||25||25 Park Hills||19||15|
The state-ranked Pirates got seven kills from Samantha Amberger as they posted the home win.
Logan Johnson finished with seven service points, while Shea Leible had five kills for Perryville (17-7), which is ranked No. 10 in Class 3.
JV -- Perryville won 2-0
-- From staff reports