- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Upcoming 5k runs
Pretty in Pink 5k
* 8 a.m., Oct. 17: American Cancer Society hosts run/walk around Arena Park for Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Fee: $25. Call Shannon Daniels at 986-7007 for more information.
Sweatin' with Santa 5k
* 7:30 a.m., Oct. 24: Student Santas, the not-for-profit student organization at Southeast Missouri State University that helps local families in need during the holidays, will host a run starting at Prompt Care in Jackson. Fee: $20 in advance, $25 on race day. Download registration at www.caperoadrunners.org or call 837-5382.
3rd Annual 5k Run/Walk Chasing for Children
* 8:15 a.m. Nov. 7: Oran High School FCCLA hosts race around Oran, Mo., for Children's Miracle Network. Fee: $12 in advance, $15 on race day. Preregister for T-shirt. Call 262-3345 for more information.