- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Rebecca Jane "Becky" Welker, 93, of Marble Hill died Sunday, Oct. 11, 2009, at the home of her sister in Whitewater.
She was born June 29, 1916, in Shrum, Mo., daughter of Louis and Fannie Aldrich Welker.
Becky began work with Southwestern Bell Telephone Co. in 1946 and retired from there in 1977. She was a member of Telephone Pioneers and volunteered at Southeast Missouri Hospital. She was of the Baptist belief.
She is survived by two sisters, Bertha Welker of Millersville, Martha Abernathy of Whitewater; 18 nieces and nephews; and several great-nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents; four brothers, Edward, Clyde, Bennett and Troy; three sisters, Mary Welker, Mahala Mayfield, and an infant; two nephews; and a niece.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Revs. Jimmie Corbin and John Nimmo officiating. Burial will be in Plainview Cemetery near Marble Hill.
Memorials are requested to Plainview Cemetery Association.