- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
ZALMA, Mo. --Tom Pape, 69, of Zalma passed away Monday, Oct. 12, 2009, at John J. Pershing VA Hospital in Poplar Bluff, Mo.
He was born Aug. 5, 1940, in Zalma, son of August and Eula May Thomas Pape. He and Linda Lingle were married June 5, 1960, at Zalma.
Tom was owner and operator of Pape Grocery in Zalma. He was the basketball coach for the Southeast Bulldogs.
He was a veteran of the U.S. Navy.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Michael Pape of San Diego; a daughter, Missy Stotts of Zalma; two brothers, Connie Pape of Belleville, Ill., Mike Pape of Jackson; three sisters, Mary Lynn Baker and Sharon Holmes of Zalma, Jenny Lasters of St. Louis; and two grandchildren, Justin and Hunter Stotts of Zalma.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a sister, Trella Ward.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Morgan Funeral Home in Advance, Mo.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home. Bill Hatch and Dwight Hensley will officiate. Burial will be in Berrong Cemetery near Zalma with full military rites.