- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Two Cape County residents, including former Jackson police officer, face burglary charges in Colorado (12/12/17)
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Kelso resident brings home $60K in lottery winnings (12/14/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Insurance building's renovation part of Coalter family's commitment to region (12/15/17)3
- Three-vehicle wreck ends up with parked car crashing through business wall (12/16/17)3
- Wind brings down Wendy's sign in Cape Girardeau (12/11/17)2
Kimbeland collects win at SEMO Cup
Kimbeland Country Club won the 10-team SEMO Cup on Saturday with a victory on the soil of defending champion Dalhousie Golf Club.
Kimbeland's 12-man team finished eight shots ahead of runner-up Bent Creek Golf Course of Jackson.
Kimbeland squad members were Bryan Johnson, Jim Davey, Todd Ladd, Mark Unger, Ken Hosea, Ben McKuin, Todd Smith, Dennis Drerup, Mark Mungle, Terry Hill, Bob Englehart and Ronnie Strong.
Each squad consisted of six two-man teams that competed in four formats -- scramble, 4-ball, alternate shot and Chapman -- over 36 holes. The best five two-man scores made up the team score in each nine-hole format.
The nine-hole format winners: Ben Brumitt and Chris Montgomery of Westwood Hill C.C. (Poplar Bluff), who shot a 30 in scramble; Todd Obergoenner and Jeff Beck of Bent Creek, who combined for a 33 in 4-ball; David Hopper and Jeff Cunningham of Bent Creek tied Derek Rahlman and Greg Ford of Westwood Hills with a 35 in alternate shot; and Pete Ulmer and Jack Smith of Cape Girardeau Country Club were among four teams to tie at 34 in Chapman.
Team -- 1. Kimbeland C.C. (Jackson) 729, 2. Bent Creek Golf Course (Jackson) 737, 3. Bootheel Golf Club (Sikeston) 740, 4. Sikeston C.C. 742, 5. Westwood Hills C.C. (Poplar Bluff) 746, 6. Cape Girardeau C.C. 750, 7. Dalhousie Golf Club 762, 8. Kennett C.C. 766, 9. Hidden Trails C.C. (Dexter) 770, 10. Cape Jaycee Municipal Golf Course 842
Closest to pin -- (amateurs) Don Hudson (No. 5, Bootheel), Jack Smith (No. 8, Cape Girardeau), Ken Hosea (No. 11, Kimbeland), Mike Hill (No. 13, Sikeston); (professionals) Mike Long (No. 5, Kennett), Jack Connell (No. 8, Dalhousie), Jim Sides (No. 11, Westwood Hills), Scot Kunz (No. 13, Cape Girardeau)