- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Sikeston man dies, Cape Girardeau woman seriously injured in Sunday morning crash
FESTUS, Mo. -- A Sikeston, Mo., man was killed and a Cape Girardeau woman seriously injured in a Sunday morning crash at U.S. 67 and Meyer Road in Jefferson County.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol, the accident occurred around 8:40 a.m. as a 1999 Honda Civic driven by Benjamin T. Warf, 21, of Sikeston, made a left turn into the path of a 2008 Dodge Caliber driven by Kalya N. Harrison, 20, of Festus. The front of the Caliber then struck the left side of the Civic.
Warf was transported by ambulance to Jefferson Regional Medical Center in Crystal City, Mo., where he was pronounced dead at 9:33 a.m. The passenger in the Civic, Jessica L. Holloway, 19, of Cape Girardeau, was in serious condition.
Harrison and three female passengers in the Caliber sustained moderate injuries.