- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)32
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
COBDEN, Ill. -- James L. "Jimmy" Boyd, 47, of Cobden, originally of Anna, Ill., died Friday, March 4, 2005, at his home.
He was born May 28, 1957, in Anna, son of James and Hilda Lyerla Boyd. He and Cathy Haynes were married Aug. 29, 1997, in Anna.
Boyd was a member of Anna Masonic Lodge 520 AF&AM and a member of the Operating Engineers Local 318. He worked as a driller/blaster for the Anna Quarries for 25 years.
Survivors include his wife; a daughter, Chelsie Boyd of Anna; his mother; a brother, David Boyd of Jonesboro, Ill.; and a sister, Terri Bowen of Jonesboro.
Friends may call after noon Sunday at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna.
Funeral will be at 3 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Richard Pearce officiating. Burial will be in Casper Church Cemetery near Anna.