- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
St. Vincent's defense delivers in victory
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- St. Vincent's defense held stout against Grandview's spread offense in the Indians' 37-0 victory Friday.
St. Vincent held the Eagles to 94 yards of offense in the win. The Indians' defense got in on the scoring, with C.J. Pavlovsky returning an interception for a score. St. Vincent also recorded a safety on a punt snap through the back of the end zone.
Pavlovsky enjoyed a successful night running the ball, gaining 130 yards on 16 carries. He also had three rushing touchdowns as the Indians improved to 2-5.
Check back later or read Sunday's Southeast Missourian for more on this game.