- A Whopper of an honor: Local company named top Burger King franchisee (11/15/17)3
- Decisions coming soon on steel mill, smelter in New Madrid (11/17/17)1
- Cape attorney Brandon Cooper to run for judge (11/20/17)2
- State audit: Bollinger County tax levies violate state law; county commission disagrees (11/17/17)3
- Cape native co-directs Thanksgiving-related indie film, 'Drinksgiving' (11/17/17)
- The Tungsten Groove to release first album featuring original songs (11/17/17)
- Southern Illinois farmer's grapevines destroyed by dicamba; four years of work lost (10/29/17)2
- 1 dead, 3 hurt in accident on Highway 72 (11/19/17)
- Son of Westboro Baptist Church patriarch discusses abuse, faith (11/15/17)7
- Crowell leads effort to cut low-income tax credits in Missouri (11/19/17)6
We can do better on U.S. budget
To the editor:
We do not need George Bush's new budget. This irresponsible budget will, in my home state, destroy health care for people on Medicaid. People who have worked all their lives and paid taxes all their lives will, with this budget, lose, lose, lose. Please call your federal legislators and tell them not to vote in favor of this budget. I know we can do better. And we've paid for it.
BILL WEBBER, Malden, Mo.