- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Local students to perform with choir at inauguration (1/19/17)3
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
We can do better on U.S. budget
To the editor:
We do not need George Bush's new budget. This irresponsible budget will, in my home state, destroy health care for people on Medicaid. People who have worked all their lives and paid taxes all their lives will, with this budget, lose, lose, lose. Please call your federal legislators and tell them not to vote in favor of this budget. I know we can do better. And we've paid for it.
BILL WEBBER, Malden, Mo.