- Two men face charges in Cape prostitution sting (5/28/17)
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Police: Woman arrested after meth found hidden in pants (5/26/17)2
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped (5/24/17)
- Illinois Trail of Tears site where Cherokee buried named to National Historic Register (5/24/17)
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Police apprehend Charleston man they say hit Cape woman with car (5/24/17)
- Rabies confirmed in Cape County after person bitten by bat (5/26/17)
- Man with prior sex convictions charged with abuse of a child 10 years ago (5/25/17)2
- New features at Cape Splash geared for kids; revenue has exceeded costs by more than $200K (5/24/17)1
We can do better on U.S. budget
To the editor:
We do not need George Bush's new budget. This irresponsible budget will, in my home state, destroy health care for people on Medicaid. People who have worked all their lives and paid taxes all their lives will, with this budget, lose, lose, lose. Please call your federal legislators and tell them not to vote in favor of this budget. I know we can do better. And we've paid for it.
BILL WEBBER, Malden, Mo.