- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Fall dinner planned in Kelso
A family-style dinner will be Oct. 18 at the St. Augustine School in Kelso, Mo. Dinner will be served from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. with carryouts available starting at 11:30 a.m. The menu will feature chicken and dumplings, dressing and baked ham. Cost is $8 for adults and $4 for children 6 to 11 years old. Children 5 and younger eat free.
St. Joseph holds dinner auction
St. Joseph Church in Scott City still has tickets for the annual St. Joseph dinner auction. The dinner and auction will be at 5 p.m. Saturday at the Knights of Columbus hall in Scott City. For more information, call Leslie Simmons at 246-9982.
Meet author Jane Kennedy
Jane Kennedy will sign copies of her new book, "Winter Trees," on Monday in Cape Girardeau and give a speech at the library. Kennedy will have a meet and greet at 4 p.m. at the Golden Needle/Sewing Basket at 330 S. Kingshighway and then be the keynote speaker at the River Heritage Quilters' Guild monthly meeting at 6:30 p.m. at the Cape Girardeau Public Library. Both events are open to anyone who likes quilting, would like to meet a published quilt author and see her award-winning quilts.
Earn 'Points for Pizza'
The 12th annual "Points For Pizzas" Hot Shot contest invites boys and girls ages 9 to 17 to compete for pizzas and Gatorade Nov. 21 in the multipurpose building by the Jackson High School. Registration starts at 9:30 a.m. For more information, call Jackson Parks and Recreation at 204-8848.