- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Man arrested in Scott County for alleged sale of drugs near public housing
BENTON, Mo. -- A Benton man was arrested Friday on charges of selling prescription drugs near public housing, according to a Scott County Sheriff's Department news release.
William D. Canter, 68, is charged with distribution of a controlled substance near public housing or other government-assisted housing and possession of marijuana. His bond is set at $50,000 cash.
Canter allegedly sold prescription medication to an agent working with sheriff's department investigators during an undercover investigation. Canter was arrested at his residence.