- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Ex-New Madrid prosecutor dies
NEW MADRID, Mo. -- Former New Madrid County prosecutor Hal Edward Hunter Jr. died Wednesday at a hospital in Florida. He was 83.
Hunter served as prosecuting attorney for New Madrid County from 1962 to 1990.
He was also a member of the State Democratic Committee from 1962 to 1990 and member of the Lincoln University Board of Trustees, Missouri Bar and New Madrid County Bar Association.
In 1971, he was appointed to the Commission of Reapportion of the House of Representatives by Gov. Warren E. Hearnes.
Visitation will be at 5 p.m. Sunday at Richards Funeral Home in New Madrid. Funeral Mass will be at 10:30 a.m. Monday at Immaculate Conception Church. Burial will be in the Evergreen Cemetery at New Madrid.