- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Area digest 10/8/09
Holloway team wins golf scramble
The team of Keith Holloway, Jack Pettet, Jim Childress and Chris Duch shot a 56 to win the afternoon championship flight of the Notre Dame fall scramble at Dalhousie Golf Club.
The morning winners were the team of Randy Buerck, Tim Buerck, Dan Buerck and Cliff Hardt with a 58.
Championship flight -- 1. Randy Buerck, Tim Buerck, Dan Buerck, Cliff Hardt (58); 2. Glenn Campbell, Darrell Cook, David Lynch, Drew Thornton (59); 3. Steve Slaten, Ed Rinda, Joe McKeon, Emily Matthews (60)
A flight -- 1. Chris Snider, Eric Venghaus, Jason Hughes, Mark Humphrey (64); 2. Chris Buehrle, Clayton Buehrle, Greg Essner, Aaron Dombrowski (64); 3. Phil Moore, Cory Daniels, Pat Young, Phil Cantoni (65)
B flight -- 1. Paul Hale, Jerry Grim, Randel Friend, Jim Glastetter (68); 2. Paul Dirnberger, Steve Dirnberger, Dick Dirnberger, Mark Dirnberger (69); 3. Mark Martin, Nick Brown, Perry Bennett, Harley Eddleman (69)
Championship flight -- 1. Keith Holloway, Jack Pettet, Jim Childress, Chris Duch (56); 2. Rob Janet, Bob Neff, Mike Kohlfeld, Kevin Ford (57); 3. Kevin Edwards, Jeff Roosman, George Roosman, Brian Sheehan (58)
A flight -- 1. Mark Kohlfeld, Chris Janet, Tim Welter, David Cantrell (61); 2. Keith Brugger, Danny Dohogne, Brad Elfrink, Greg Jansen (63); 3. Mike Domiam, Derek Dirnberger, Stan Irwin, Paul Nenninger (63)
B flight -- 1. Pat Ruopp, Kevin Tenkhoff, John Roberts, Mike York (69); 2. Mike Baker, Todd Banake, Christy Benton, Donna Wheeler (69); 3. Pat Hagen, Sean Hagen, Mark Schultz, Lanson DeBrock (70)
Kenner scores hole-in-one
John Kenner of Jackson used a 3-wood to ace hole No. 6 at Kimbeland Country Club.
The hole was playing 140 yards.
Harold Tuschoff witnessed the shot.
LeGrand, Kern inducted into hall
Ron LeGrand and Rose Kern were inducted into the SEMO Horseshoe Association hall of fame after the final tournament of the season.
The high-point honors for the season went to Lachelle Cook (first, 103), Carolyn Schreckenberg (second, 51) and Randy Senciboy (third, 38).
John Keller was named the most improved player.
Joe Bean and Randy Grady won the tournament of champions, held at the Jackson Knights of Columbus.
Kitty Prindle and LeGrand took second, while Jake Kluesner and Bob Burnett finished third.
-- From staff reports