- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)9
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)2
- 'I want to see how far I can go' (7/21/16)2
- Southeast Missouri State football players, local police team up for Backstoppers benefit (7/22/16)2
Floor caves in during Ohio 'ghost walk'
GERMANTOWN, Ohio -- Fire officials say a "ghost walk" tour had a scary ending in Ohio when the floor of a 164-year-old log cabin collapsed, injuring two people.
Fire chief Dan Alldred said the first floor of the Toll House gave way as the local historical society was wrapping up Sunday evening's tour in Germantown, 13 miles southwest of Dayton.
Alldred said the injuries were not serious.
About 25 people were in the building at the time of the collapse. Some were unable to come down from the second floor of the cabin and needed to be rescued by firefighters.